API Version 5.1.1 (Current)
Step 1: Prerequisites
To start using App SDK, the following details are required.
- App ID (appid): Unique ID assigned to the player/site and configured by product.
- sfcode: Unique identifier for the environment that the SDK should point to.
- Nielsen SDK and Sample Player: A part of the downloaded package.
If you do not have any of these pre-requisites or if you have any questions, please contact our SDK sales support team.
Refer to Onboarding process for more information on how to get a Nielsen App SDK and App ID.
Step 2: Import Library
Refer to Importing Frameworks for information on importing libraries.
- The latest version of App SDK allows instantiating multiple instances of App SDK object and can be used simultaneously without any issues.
Step 3: Initialize SDK
Initialize App SDK as soon as the application is launched. Refer to Initialization for details on initializing an AppSDK object and the parameters required.
Step 4: Configure and fire API Calls
Configure API calls – play
Use play to pass the channel descriptor information through channelName parameter when the user taps the Play button on the player.
- channelName is a 32-character free-form text field containing the name of the program or feed being sent (such as ESPN2, Food Network, etc.)
Call play with channelName JSON as below.
Configure API calls – loadMetadata
Use loadMetadata to pass the ad load details to the SDK. The ad load data must be passed as a JSON object.
Refer to Metadata section for the list of parameters to be passed in the JSON object.
Call loadMetadata after the first play call. Call loadMetadata with JSON metadata for the active content as below.
Configure API calls – sendID3
sendID3 API is a receiver for HLS timed metadata events (ID3 tags) provided through iOS’s NSNotificationCenter notification system. This API filters out Nielsen-specific ID3 tags from the system and buffers the data for transfer to Nielsen’s collection facility.
Sample ID3 tags
Refer to the Retrieving ID3 Tags section to know more details.
Configure API calls – stop
Call stop only at the end of ad or in case of interruptions during playback like flight mode, Wi-Fi toggle, etc. Call play when resuming the stream / starting the new stream.
Configure API calls – end
Call end only at the end of playback.
Step 5: Interruptions during playback
As part of integrating Nielsen App SDK with the player application, the Audio / Video app developer needs to handle the following possible interruption scenarios.
- Pause / Play
- Network Loss (Wi-Fi / Airplane / Cellular)
- Call Interrupt (SIM or Third party Skype/Hangout call)
- Alarm Interrupt
- Content Buffering
- Device Lock / Unlock (Video players only, not for Audio players)
- App going in the Background/Foreground (Video players only, not for Audio players)
- Channel / Station Change Scenario
- Unplugging of headphone
In case of encountering one of the above interruptions, the player application needs to
- Call stop immediately (except when content is buffering) and withhold sending playhead position.
- Start sending pings – loadMetadata and sendID3 for the new viewing session, once the playback resumes.
Click here for more details.
Nielsen Measurement Opt-Out Implementation
As a global information and measurement leader, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the data we collect, process and use. Our digital measurement products are not used to identify the consumer in any way, but they help us and our clients measure and analyze how consumers engage with media across online, mobile and emerging technologies, and offer insights into consumer behavior.
- When the app user wants to opt in or opt out of Nielsen measurement, a new dynamic page (with content string obtained from optOutURL) should be displayed.
- This Opt-out page should be displayed in a webview (within the app) and not in any external browser.
- Capture the user’s selection in this page and pass it to the SDK through userOptOut for Nielsen to save the user’s preference.
- For more details, refer to Opt-Out Implementation and Nielsen Digital Privacy.
The SDK will continue measurement even after the user has opted out from Nielsen measurement.
Click here for Opt-Out implementation guidelines to be followed for TVOS-based measurement.
After the application is ready to be sent for Nielsen Certification, please go through the Pre-Certification Checklist and ensure the app behaves as expected, before submitting to Nielsen.
Testing an Implementation – App
Click here for information on Testing the App Implementation.