API Version 5.1.1 (Current)
To start using App SDK, the following details are required.
- App ID (appid): Unique ID assigned to the player/site and configured by product.
- sfcode: Unique identifier for the environment that the SDK should point to.
- Nielsen SDK and Sample Player: A part of the downloaded package.
If you do not have any of these pre-requisites or if you have any questions, please click here to contact our SDK sales support team.
Refer to Onboarding process for more information on how to get a Nielsen App SDK and appid.
Refer to Importing Frameworks for information on importing libraries.
- The latest version of App SDK allows instantiating multiple instances of App SDK object and can be used simultaneously without any issues.
The integrator should always tag the landing page on the app.
Initialize App SDK as soon as the application is launched. Refer to Initialization
for details on initializing an AppSDK object and the parameters required.
Configure API calls – play
For static <App Measurement> content, play API is not required.
Configure API calls – loadMetadata
to pass details about content section. The CMS data must be passed as a JSON object.
Refer to loadMetadata for the list of parameters to be passed in the JSON object.
loadMetadata call after the first play call must have (“type”: “static”). This call should occur before any preroll ad starts playing.
Configure API calls – playheadPosition
For static <App Measurement> content, no playhead has to be supplied to the SDK.
Configure API calls – stop
For static <App Measurement> content, stop API is not required.
API Call sequence
with JSON metadata as below
NSDictionary *metadata = @
Nielsen Measurement Opt-Out Implementation
As a global information and measurement leader, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the data we collect, process and use. Our digital measurement products are not used to identify the consumer in any way, but they help us and our clients measure and analyze how consumers engage with media across online, mobile and emerging technologies, and offer insights into consumer behavior.
- When the app user wants to opt in or opt out of Nielsen measurement, a new dynamic page (with content string obtained from optOutURL) should be displayed.
- This Opt-out page should be displayed in a webview (within the app) and not in any external browser.
- Capture the user’s selection in this page and pass it to the SDK through userOptOut for Nielsen to save the user’s preference.
- For more details, refer to Opt-Out Implementation and Nielsen Digital Privacy.
The SDK will continue measurement even after the user has opted out from Nielsen measurement.
- After the application is ready to be sent for Nielsen Certification, please go through the Pre-Certification Checklist and ensure the app behaves as expected, before submitting to Nielsen.
Testing an Implementation – App
for information on Testing the App Implementation.